17/04/2010

Sian Lloyd visits Aberystwyth to back Plaid


Siân Lloyd, the TV weather presenter, was in Aberystwyth town centre this morning giving her support to Plaid Cymru and Penri James in the General Election.

After meeting people in a heaving Owain Glyndwr Square, Penri then went with Sian and her husband to visit the Ffagl Gobaith – Beacon of Hope charity shop to meet local nurses and volunteers, and to donate a bag of designer clothes.

Sian explained,
“I am a very proud Plaid supporter, having grown up in a household in Neath where politics were discussed non-stop. My father is a terrific canvasser and it thrills me to see the way the Plaid vote has continuously gone up in my old town, to the extent that the seat could well become a Plaid one in the future.

“I’m delighted to be spending the day with Penri – and of course visiting the hard working supporters of Ffagl Gobaith. My father's family come from Ceredigion, so I have very close ties with the area. I feel that Aberystwyth could become the flourishing capital of Mid Wales. With Elin Jones at the Assembly and Penri James at Westminster – they would be the dream team, delivering on every single level."

Penri said:
“I’m delighted that Sian and her husband have offered to join me today on the campaign trail and also on a visit to learn more about Ffagl Gobaith’s work. I’ve long been aware of the invaluable contribution that the charity and its staff makes to local patients with terminal and life limiting illness.

“Plaid Cymru believes that patients should be able to receive treatment and remain in the own homes as much as possible. Ffagl Gobaith’s aims to make this happen and I know that Ceredigion is very appreciative of the charity’s dedication."

More pictures of the event can be seen here.

National Assembly Housing Minister Jocelyn Davies was also in Aberystwyth today and spent the afternoon calling on houses in Penparcau.