* It was the best Lib Dem result in Ceredigion ever in terms of proportion of the vote (50%) and the highest in numbers of votes since 1983.
* It was the biggest margin of victory in the constituency since 1959.
* It was the worst Conservative performance since 1974
* It was the worst ever result for Labour in Ceredigion
* It was the worst Green result since the first time they stood here in 1983 and the first time they’ve ever come as low as sixth.
Sobering stuff. More reflections to follow.
Meanwhile, Plaid's candidate, Penri James, who demonstrated at the count that he was a good loser, has offered this statement:
“It was always going to be difficult as a first-time candidate in Ceredigion. However, with Plaid Cymru excluded from the TV Leaders’ Debates, it was a particularly challenging election for the party throughout Wales.
“I’d like to thank the many Plaid Cymru members and volunteers for their dedication and hard work on our enthusiastic and professional campaign, which has laid firm foundations for future elections”.