Earth Hour is taking place again this year between 8.30 - 9.30pm on Saturday 29th March. The global event is aimed at showing support for action on climate change. Ceredigion Council always takes part and this year is extending its support for the event to embrace the following locations:
• Canolfan Alun R Edwards (Aberystwyth Town Library)
• Castle Grounds, Aberystwyth
• Constitution Hill, Aberystwyth
• Penmorfa Car Park, Aberaeron
• Canolfan Rheidol Car Park
• Theatr Felin-fach Car Park
• Minaeron, Aberaeron
These places will all have they lights off for the whole weekend which, incidentally, is the weekend all the clocks go forward one hour.
The National Library in Aberystwyth is also taking part. Large organisations have a much bigger effect on carbon usage than individuals alone and so it's particularly important that we show leadership and demonstrate that we take carbon management and climate change seriously.